Saturday 29 March 2008

Boat Race Day

I judged a photographic exhibition today and the one thing that was clear was that there are now more entries that are purely digital than film derived. It also meant that there were more entries overall. This in turn meant that it took me longer than normal to write notes for each entry. On these notes I try to get the entrants to understand how to take better photos and better presentation. The quality of entries does seem to have improved over the years.
It was raining when I left the judging and so I just dashed into the churchyard and took 2 snaps. The first was of these new graves bright and cheery with spring flowers but also rather sad.
The second one was the rather curious pigeon permanently perched on a headstone. What is it trying to eat.

No comments: